Swiper Stopper : Gold Glitz
- RFID chips are those that utilize “radio frequency identification” & among other places, are found in many of today’s credit cards. These cards allow you to simply tap your card at a store to pay with that tap, rather than inserting or swiping your card into a reader. How? The marvel of radio waves. Your card emits waves that contain info & readers pick up that info.
- Skimming is the practice of intercepting credit card info by using a reader to steal it. Imagine standing in public & unknowingly having your digits lifted by someone standing near you while you in line at Target. Or, if knowing this possibility is always there & the chance for theft is non-zero—then don’t imagine it. Practice digit defense instead!
- Simply store your credit cards in these durable sleeves lined with thin sheets of metal which serve as a barrier for all of this radio chatter. With any new technology, security concerns are always on the table. Thankfully peace of mind is super easy to achieve here.
- Materials: Paperboard + Aluminum.
- Available in 2 styles, each sold as a set of 4 sleeves.
Peace of mind and cute in my wallet
Despite what the product description says, these do not "tap". I have tried them at multiple stores and not once has the "tap" function worked.
Hi Rachel - the description states that your chip card allows you to tap to pay. The RFID sleeve blocks that function to prevent skimming, you'll need to remove the card from our protective sleeve to use the tap to pay function.